Free Developer APIs
- 09 MaySmart Meter / M2M SMS monetisationSmart Meters - British Gas (Centrica), Eon and many more are at it now with m...
- 30 AprNew Chinese Virtual SMS Numbers coming soon...World Text will soon be adding China to the list countries that are fully sup...
- 03 Apr*NEW* Coverage added for VSIM, Qatar and SwedenWe are pleased to announce that effective immediately there is full inbound S...
- 27 MarAmendment to Hong Kong's Personal Data (Privacy) OrdinanceMarketing SMS communications may only be sent to consumers who have explicitl...
Developer Interfaces & APIs
The following APIs and interfaces are the most popular, designed to provide you with simple and reliable interfaces with our gateway. For further information or specific requirements regarding our developers APIs and interfaces please contact us.
HTTP REST API
The REST interface is very easy to use. You can test in a browser and use it via any programming language capable of HTTP or HTTPS. Read more
We have helper classes available for some of the more popular languages, and would be interested in any contributions from our developer community for other languages
If you have a wrapper library, for any interface, or don't see your favourite language please contact us.
We're particularly interested in Ruby, Java and Objective C samples, but would love to see any language samples.
In creating these libraries we have encapsulated the API calls such that you don't need to be concerned directly with URLs, resources, the API calls themselves, or processing the raw JSON responses. Read more
HTTP v1 (deprecated)
HTTP Interface Here for reference only.
Historically one of our most popular interfaces, and one of the most simple. Posts a form to the specified web address.
SMPP (Short Message Peer to Peer)
For high volume users requiring the most robust method of streaming SMS to our gateway. Unlike other providers we do not charge for this connection, or impose minimum SMS requirements. Read more
Perfect for everyone who uses email! We understand not wanting to have to implement new systems or software, utilising your existing email system this is the answer. Unlike other service providers we do not charge for inbound messages being forwarded to you. Read more
Email Bulk (SMTP Bulk)
SMTP Bulk Interface (PDF)
Send a single email with dynamic contents to multiple recipients, ideal for those bulk marketing campaigns or alerts. Again, using your existing email system. Read more
Example Code & Scripts
All the following examples are provided as is, they have all been taken from live working examples but may not include patches and updates, use at your own risk:
- HTTP interface from PHP
- HTTP interface from PHP (To Group)
- SMTP interface from PHP
- SMTP interface from UNIX Command Line