Two-way SMS with
- 09 MaySmart Meter / M2M SMS monetisationSmart Meters - British Gas (Centrica), Eon and many more are at it now with m...
- 30 AprNew Chinese Virtual SMS Numbers coming soon...World Text will soon be adding China to the list countries that are fully sup...
- 03 Apr*NEW* Coverage added for VSIM, Qatar and SwedenWe are pleased to announce that effective immediately there is full inbound S...
- 27 MarAmendment to Hong Kong's Personal Data (Privacy) OrdinanceMarketing SMS communications may only be sent to consumers who have explicitl...
Two Way / Inbound SMS
Want to receive text messages? Would you like to provide an SMS based interactive service, to your customers, or some other on demand information via their mobile phone? With our two-way services you can provide dynamic information to mobile users simply and effectively.
Two-way SMS allows you to send and receive SMS messages to and from your application, email or web server. Using World-Text's unique responder service you could be setup with service in a matter of minutes. Examples of current uses of our two-way service are:
- SMS to Email gateway
- Property/Vehicle schedule requests
- Ticket request line
- Taxi booking and confirmation service
- Data capture services
- Remote system adminstration
- General information request lines
- SMS mailing list subscription/unsubscription
- Interactive demonstrations
Incoming Messages can be processed for you using our Auto Responder service, this includes optionally delivering to your application by email or HTTP, or delivered straight to your application using SMPP.
Which inbound SMS option?
These are just like normal phone numbers and offer the most economic method to receive inbound SMS and run two-way SMS services. These are provided by the networks and do not use SIM cards so the offer high throughput and great reliability. Read more
Virtual SIM's (VSIM)
Using a SIM card which is supplied by you, we extract data and then this operates exactly as a regular virtual number and we do not use GSM modems. Perfect for countries that there is no virtual numbers available for. Read more
These easy to remember normally 5 digit numbers are perfect for getting 'opt-in' and 'opt-out' messages. Available as dedicated numbers or shared numbers which use keywords. Read more
How are my inbound SMS handled?
Using the Auto Responder you have a choice of options as to how your inbound SMS are handled:
- Email (SMTP) - Messages are automatically converted to an email and sent to your specified email address
- HTTP - Messages are converted to an HTTP (Web) request for a remote web server
- Reply - Messages are automatically replied to with a pre-defined message
For high volume users SMPP can be enabled on your account on request.