The World-Text and SARCALL systems have been specially designed to provide a simple, fast, field-proven and reliable platform to launch emergency services.
Setup & Configuration
- Create an account here
- Once you have created an account, contact us.
- Invoicing is run quarterly
- You are only invoiced for the messages you send (There is no minimum throughput needed - special offer for emergency services)
- Discounted cost per message (Special offer for emergency services available on invoiced accounts. Currently VAT is chargeable, however
we are seeking clarification so all those who are registered charities can receive a zero VAT rate on invoices.)
- Configure Callout Groups (These are the different groups that can be called out individually or together)
- PAGERS (If you are using Vodafone pagers with the system, you MUST email us with a full list of these numbers in addition to adding them to your groups before the system goes live).
We recommend adding all individual pager numbers to your configured callout groups, as opposed to adding the Vodafone group numbers.
- Text message 'label' (Source Address) (Have the SMS arrive on the phones as from eg.'SARCALL')
- Message Alert Tones If you use the above service for applying special 'alphanumeric' source
addresses to your messages, most phone handsets will be unable to then apply special customised message tones. However, it is known
that with some handsets including the Apple iPhone™ you can add a contact with the 'number field' specified as the alphanumeric source
address, which then will enable you to apply a unique message alert tone for all messages received with said source
- Landline Messages If you are using landline telephone numbers, you MUST ensure each
team member has configured their landline phone to receive messages. This is done by contacting BT (even if you receive your landline via an alternative provider) on
0800 587 5252. If you do not do this, there is often a default 'blackout period' imposed by BT which means no messages will be delivered during the night. Also, please
be aware that if you are using a source address as above, the message read out may appear to be from a number not familiar to you.
- Grid References - If you are sending a messages which contains a grid reference and some of the recipient numbers are landlines, try
using a space between the numbers (i.e. 6 4 5 4 3 6), so they are spoken to the recipient individually.
- For more details regarding the SARCALL platform contact us and we will put you in contact with the SARCALL platform administrators.