We get asked often how to successfully achieve two-way SMS in Brazil, the answer is not ideal but is an option for this country where there is no easy inexpensive dedicated two-way choice. So below we’ve described how to achieve two-way SMS in Brazil without breaking the bank!
Text messages to Brazil can go one of two primary routes, both are stable but are different in their method of delivery.
- Route A
- This is the first and default route, text messages will arrive on the recipient’s handset with the source address set to a random local number, this route is suitable for all types of message content assuming you have the recipients permission.
- Two-way SMS method – In the text message body you should include the reply number or method, your options are:
- Route B
- This route is an optional account configuration (contact us to enable on your account). Text messages will arrive on the recipient’s handset with the source address set to our Brazil short code. For this route marketing SMS content to Brazil is not allowed, and as normal you should have the recipients permission.
- Two-way SMS method – reply direct to the message including your dedicated keyword:
- Keyword on Brazil Short Code (i.e. “reply KEYWORD + message”)
If you would like to discuss two-way and inbound text messaging in Brazil or any of our other many international destinations, please contact us