You will likely be aware of changes which are coming in to effect on 25th May 2018, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as a supplier to you of services which are affected by this, there is some important information you should be aware of.
It is mandatory for all companies storing or processing the Personal Data of European Union ‘Data Subjects’ to comply with these new rules. Part of our responsibility is to ensure that you, as our client, have all the information you need to ensure you understand the regulations and how they may impact our services.
In order to protect you, and your customers’ data privacy, which is available here https://www.world-text.com/docs/data-protection-agreement.php will ensure that we (Nevis Systems Limited t/a World Text) act in compliance with GDPR as a Data Processor.
Key changes you should be aware of are as follows:
- · We have made all the necessary amendments to be in Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force 25th May 2018.
- · We will provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their Personal Data used for certain purposes.
- · We will only share your personal data with sub-processors in countries that have adequate data protection policies (GDPR Compliant).
- · We will provide that any affiliates or third parties (sub-processors) it engages on behalf of Customers will have to comply with the adequate data protection policy i.e. GDPR Compliant.
- · We will notify you in advance regarding any changes to its third parties and affiliates (sub-processors).
- · If there is any data breach, we will notify you after becoming aware of the breach of security and provide the necessary support and assistance to you.
- · Upon expiration of the Customer Agreement or early termination of the Customer Agreement, we shall, on request, promptly provide to you all personal data held by us.
- · You accept that you must comply with applicable privacy laws concerning the processing of personal data in connection with the Agreement and the services.
Please rest assured that these changes do not affect commercial or product aspects of your service with us. We are simply updating your agreement to protect you, and your customers’ data privacy.